Retail units available for lease
The Royal Arcade in Norwich is where Victorian architecture and Art Nouveau combine to provide
an enigmatic retail destination for independent retailers to flourish. It has been one of the city’s
most iconic attractions for over one hundred years.
Norwich is one of the UK’s fastest growing cities attracting visitors from across the country. Its eclectic mix of independent boutiques and national retailers makes it one of the most highly rated and sought after retail centres in the UK.
Rich in heritage, the Royal Arcade is unique because it offers opportunities for independent occupiers to trade alongside established businesses.
- High footfall – situated in the heart of Norwich’s prime retail pitch, the Royal Arcade has three entrances connecting the prime pedestrianised retail streets of Norwich – Gentleman’s Walk, Castle Street and the Back of the Inns– guaranteeing high numbers of visitors
- Attractive and spacious building – not only does the Royal Arcade look amazing, it has impressive spaces for retailers ranging from approximately 250 sq.ft (24 sq.m) to 3,000 sq.ft (278 sq.m)
- New Emporium and Food Hall – at over 14,000 sq.ft (1,300 sq.m) the two-storey unit at the Back of the Inns entrance is being refurbished to create a dynamic and up-market new food, drinks and retail destination
In November 2021, the Royal Arcade was bought by new owners, a family-run business that specialises in real estate investment. The Royal Arcade will be managed on their behalf by LPC1, a specialist property management company that is hands-on, proactive and determined to return the Royal Arcade to new glories. LPC1 has a proven track record in retail property management and it has big ambitions for the Royal Arcade.
A new shopping experience
The Royal Arcade benefits from an impressive footfall thanks to its central location.
In the year to 28 November 2021, it attracted nearly 1.4m visitors, showing a very strong COVID-19 recovery with a 59.3% increase on the same period last year.
The Royal Arcade will be attractive to a broad mix of consumers from younger couples, through families to empty nesters and retirees. The common thread will be that they are looking for a shopping and leisure experience that is good quality, offers something that’s different to the norm, has local provenance in terms of craftsmanship and suppliers, is independent from the high street brands and is centrally located.
The Royal Arcade is proud of its established tenants, many of whom are long-standing:
- Stompers, the specialist children’s shoe shop, has operated there for 25 years
- Marmalades Café has been run there for nearly 20 years
- Sonkai, the bespoke hand-crafted jeweller, relocated to the Royal Arcade from another Norwich location in 2020
- Lady B, the vintage women’s clothes boutique, loves being in the Royal Arcade
- Langley’s is a much-loved Norwich institution that has been in the Royal Arcade since 1925
- Macarons and More have enjoyed the passing trade it gets from its Castle Street entrance position for more than 8 years
Specifications of the retail units available
The Royal Arcade has units available for lease at attractive rents. Here is a summary of the units that are currently available.
|Unit No.||Floor||Total Sq.ft (approx)||Total Sq.m (approx)||Rent £ (pax)||Service Charge £ (pa)|
£ (pa) (approx)
|Rateable Value £ (pa)|
|2||Ground & First||481||44.69||12,000||1,681||338||12,250|
|4||Ground & First||619||57.5||15,000||2,163||435||TBC|
|5||Ground & First||658||61.13||Under Offer||2,299||464||TBC|
|6||Ground & First||839||77.95||15,000||2,931||592||18,000|
|12, 13 & 14||Ground||1,482||137.68||45,000||5,178||1,045||56,923|
|21 – 24||Ground|
|Pre-let agreed for the Emporium and Food Hall|
Emporium and Food Hall
A pre-let has been agreed for a new Emporium and Food Hall, located at the Castle Street/Back of the Inns entrance. Following a £2m investment from the Royal Arcade’s owners, it will offer 300 covers and create a new and exciting destination for Norwich’s city centre. It is due to open in 2022.
Francis Darrah for themselves and as Agents for the proposed Vendor(s) or Lessor(s) give notice: 1. That they do not make or give either in these particulars or in negotiations or otherwise any warranty or representation whatever in relation to the property. 2. Any plan attached to these particulars is for identification purposes only and all measurements are given as a guide and no liability can be accepted for errors arising therefrom. 3. The property being open to inspection any intended purchaser must satisfy himself as to the accuracy of these particulars and he will be deemed to have full knowledge thereof. 4. No liability can be accepted for any misstatement, omission or errors in these particulars. 5. These particulars do not constitute an offer or Contract or any part thereof.